Now that I'm in my 30's I'm trying to be more diligent with my skincare and really give my skin the attention that it needs. I'm really picky about what I put on my face because I have sensitive skin and will break out or dry out pretty easily. I'm also a mix and match type of person, so I use what I feel like my skin needs that day. So here are a few of my current favorites.
1. Makeup Remover Wipes- I love these make up wipes because they are nice and light and remove my light makeup days with a lot of ease. I also feel like they leave behind a light moisturizing feel for my skin.
2. Beautycounter Make up Remover is so nice for removing heavy eye makeup days. The wipes take a bit of elbow grease to get my eye makeup off, and can begin to get irritated after a lot of wiping. This makeup remover cuts my time in half, and is non-irritating. Worth every penny.
3. I use a Korean skin care system linked here. My mom actually bought this system for me from a Korean store in CA. I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. I use the cleanser, toner (or essence, as I've been told it's called), moisturizer, and night cream. This line specifically is very hydrating.
4. On the days where I am on the run and need to wash my face quickly, I use the Beauty Counter Nourishing Cream Cleanser. This company is dedicated to SAFE beauty products and trying to change legislation to ban harmful chemicals from our beauty products. I'm a fan. And I have to say, I find myself using this more often than my Korean skincare. My skin feels so great after and I feel like my skin looks the best when I use this. (You can actually get this for free when you add "Band of Beauty" to your cart and you spend $50. I highly recommend this!)
5. FIRMx Peeling Gel- I use this gel for an exfoliator 2-3 times a week. I love that it's a gel and not a sandy texture because those tend to irritate my skin. This leaves my skin feeling super smooth and free of any dead, dry skin.
6. So this moisturizer is amazing, Countermatch Adaptive Moisturizer , so amazing that it's often sold out and you have to wait for restocks. I love that it's not sticky, and that it hydrates my skin all day long without getting oily. It's all plant based, with no harmful chemicals, and it is designed to adapt to each person's skin to keep it in the peak hydration level so they don't get overly oily or dry throughout the day. Basically, it customizes itself to your skin so you just get what your specific skin needs. I love it.
7. Vitamin E oil I use this in the evening when I feel like my skin is looking dehydrated and tired. I put it on after I wash my face with my normal cleanser and let it soak in for a few minutes, and then gently wipe any excess off.
8. Balancing Facial Oil This stuff is absolutely amazing. We go through this oil like crazy and we LOVE it (my husband included). It smells magnificent and isn't as heavy as the vitamin E oil so it's great as a daily moisturizer. It doesn't leave my skin oily, but rather nicely moisturized. Super light, my skin lovvvvves it, and it look forward to using it every morning.
If you try any of these out, let me know how you like them! I'd love to hear your beauty go-to's! Leave a comment below of things you're loving!!