Every family has traditions around food. One of Brian’s family is Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. They have it at every family get together. In my family, we don’t mix seasonal foods. If it’s a summer food, you only have it in the summer, so initially I was skeptical of this summer dessert at our Christmas function. Haha But it has become one of my favorites and something I look forward to at every family function.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Optional: Additional whipped topping and pretzels
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours. Cut into squares; if desired, serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels.
This is an all time family favorite with our family. A “must have” for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Thanks for sharing your recipe I love this❤️I make something similar but it’s flour based crust with raspberry jello&rasberries❤️