At Home Workout
Posted on June 14 2019
Summer is here and what better way to help us keep going than a few fitness tips from Whitney!? Below she tells us how to do a few things in the comfort of our own home...
For the last 8 months or so, I have gone to a bootcamp 3 days a week that is hosted by our beloved Jaiden (and Kylie) Blair's mom, Jen. She does these classes multiple times at week at her gym here in town called Core Fitness. It has easily been the best thing I've done for my body in years. I feel my muscles getting stronger, and I'm feeling so much better! Each class, we do a circuit of 8 exercises, and do each exercise for 45 seconds before moving onto the next one. We do 3 rounds total so it ends up being only about 30 minutes long. It's quick, keeps me busy so I don't get bored, and it's painless (until you wake up the next day with sore muscles).
Here's a little sample of our bootcamp that you can do in the comfort of your own home!
Do 3 rounds.
- High kicks with ab crunch
- Jumping jacks with weights with 1-5 lb weights
- Woodchoppers with 10-15 lb weights
- Lunges with bicep curl with 10-15 lb weights
- Side bends with 20-25 lb weights
- Side lunges holding a 15-20 lb weight
- Squat with chest press with 15 lb weights
My muscles ache just typing that, but it's so fun and your body will thank you!