Whitney Wednesday: My Go-To Makeup Items
Posted on February 06 2018
I get asked a lot about my favorite makeup or what I use, so I compiled a list of my daily go-to's!
1. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer This is my current favorite concealer and is super full coverage so it conceals my dark under eye circles and redness around my nose.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation- This is my current favorite foundation. It keeps me pretty matte throughout the day and isn't cakey but rather looks more natural than previous foundations I've used.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion I lay this down before I put any eyeshadow on and it helps keep my eyeshadow to stay put and not crease.
4. Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder I put this under my eyes and in my t-zone so my foundation and concealer don't go anywhere and sets everything in place for the rest of the day.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette This is the prettiest palette that they've come out with in my opinion. It's perfect for natural every day looks. I'm partial to the warm brown tones and the highlight color.
6. Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner I always do a cat-eye look and have tried MANY different liquid liners, and this one is by far the best. It doesn't move, it doesn't bleed, it doesn't crack or flake, it's not shiney and it's a nice deep black color. It's my favorite.
7. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara I've been using this mascara for a solid 15 years now and nothing else has lived up to this mascara. It makes my lashes look nice a long and natural but still gives some volume without clumping up and looking spidery.
9. Two Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Dark Chocolate. I love that this bronzer is MATTE. A lot of bronzers tend to have glitter in them, but this one doesn't and gives me color that looks natural.
10. Becca Champagne Pop Highlighter This is the best highlighter. Hands. Down. It's finely milled and doesn't have chunks of glitter. It helps give you a beautiful glow on the high points of your face, and I often use it as an eyeshadow to help open my eyes up a bit.
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Heathers Liquid Lipstick I love a good oxblood color on my lips, especially in the Fall or when I want a more nighttime look. I love this one. You have to be light handed with it though and just do a light layer because if you use too much, it'll get flakey and not last as long.
12. Bare Minerals Gen Nude Lip Gloss in Flirt. If you're into the gloss look instead of the liquid lipsticks, I love this one. It feels very hydrating and comfortable and isn't super sticky.
Let me know if there are any products you can't live without! I love trying new products!