If you had told me a few years ago that I'd geek out about supplements and vitamins, I would literally think you were insane. But alas, here I am, obsessed with taking and gaining knowledge about supplements! I have found that a lot of the physical or emotional issues I have had are because my body was lacking in certain areas. Paired with a healthier diet, the supplements I'm about to mention have made a huge impact
1. Charcoal pills- Did you know that certain viruses can hide in your body? Every winter I'd get strep throat without fail, even if I wasn't around anyone that had it. It's because certain viruses can hide in your cells and pop back up whenever your immunity is down. I got sick and tired of getting sick! So I got smart and started to take Charcoal. Charcoal will attach itself to "bad" cells or bacteria so that your body can rid itself of the toxins. Guess what? I didn't get strep this year.
2. Daily multivitamin- After I had my baby, I noticed a slew of things that just weren't like they used to be and I noticed I had felt a lot better when I was taking my prenatal while I was pregnant. I decided it was probably about time I got myself a multivitamin to support my health.
3. Probiotic - Every doctor you talk to will tell you that a healthy gut is extremely important and that most problems or inflammation start with a leaky gut. Probiotics are key for me to keep healthy bacteria in my body to fight off anything that might come my way. I like to think of it as my little army and the more little soldiers I have in there, the better!
4. Magnesium- Magnesium is key for restful sleep, sore muscles and muscle recovery, anxiety, digestion and keeping things "moving", and your joints! It's almost like an all natural muscle relaxer and is something that most of us don't get enough of in our diets.
5. Ashwagandha- Ashwagandha is essentially a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries. It is SO good for everyone but especially if you suffer from anxiety! It is an adaptogen so it helps manage the stress hormone cortisol and support your adrenal glands. Ashwagandha is especially helpful before and during your menstrual cycle to help balance your hormones and help you feel a little more emotionally stable.
6. L-Glutamine- This amino acid which is a basic building block of protein and tissue. It is used by your intestinal tissue as fuel to function well and helps prevent a leaky gut. Because of this, your body absorbs the nutrients in your food a lot better, aids digestion, and helps to build lean muscle mass. It's great to take if you are lifting weights or trying to build muscle mass.
7. GB-Plus- This might seem like an odd one to take each day but when you think of health, you don't really think about your gallbladder, but on a keto diet, you're eating higher amounts of healthy fats and your gallbladder is responsible for bile to break down the fats and absorb fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K. So this essentially aids in the digestion process and the absorption of essential vitamins.
Hi Whitney! Can you please tell me the brand names of these supplements you’re taking! I am gonna order some! Thanks for the blog it helps so much!